> You need to pass the option to warning() also for another reason: we want to
> be able to optionally print which flag can be used to disable each warning,
> so warning() has to be smarter than it used to be.

In addition, we've talked about the idea of having the diagnostic
machinery keep track of which warnings should be considered errors,
moving the -Werror functionality inside warning() and allowing it to
be warning-specific, like -Wprototypes for warnings, and
-Werror-prototypes for errors.  To implement that, warning() needs to
know which command line option it's dealing with.