Daniel Berlin wrote:

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 17:17 -0700, James E Wilson wrote:

Their web pages primarily talk about the 64-bit performance on AMD systems. Maybe they aren't well tuned for 32-bit performance and/or Intel parts. Anyways, from what Daniel Berlin mentioned, it may be that the tree-ssa stuff in gcc4.x has negated much of their earlier advantage.

I would not be surprised if they kick the crap out of us when it comes
to numerical fortran or something, but for regular c code, i'd not
expect more than 10-20% difference, max.

On an FX-57, EKOPath is close to icc for SPECint2000:

http://www.spec.org/osg/cpu2000/results/res2005q2/cpu2000-20050613-04264.html
http://www.spec.org/osg/cpu2000/results/res2005q2/cpu2000-20050613-04262.html

icc on WinXP     SPECint2000 = 1970
pathcc on Linux  SPECint2000 = 1929

Do you have a SPECint2000 breakdown for gcc tree-ssa on Linux?

The dev's summit mentions SPECint2000 results, but I didn't find what
I was looking for.

http://www.gccsummit.org/2005/2005-GCC-Summit-Proceedings.pdf

--
Regards, Marc