Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

You may not have noticed but this issue is primarily about C and C++
and we're discussing what the relevant standard says and what
engineering decision we would take.  Please, let's not get into
more distractions.  We already have plenty of them (many orginating
from you).

Actually the more general issue of undefined is pretty language
independent, and indeed it it important not to misuse the word
illegal for this purpose. The mention of courts is really besides
the point. The important point is to stick to the precise
terminology of the appropriate standard when talking about
incorrect programs, whatever the language.