On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 03:27:23AM -0400, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > The problem is that libssp/configure contains a link test, but we may
> > not have crt0.o built yet (assuming targets like h8300-elf,
> > arm-none-eabi, etc).
>
> DJ, can this be solved by toplevel Makefile.in's dependencies or
> lang_env_dependencies?

No.  You could arrange for libssp to depend on newlib, but that would
only help for in-tree builds; we build newlib out of tree, because we
also support glibc builds, so we try to keep the two fairly similar.

I think we need to finally come up with a way to build the compiler and
libraries at different times.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC