>     I believe the Wiki is an invaluable documentation tool, precisely
>     because it allows such an unencumbered contribution process.
>
> I agree.  I wasn't suggesting that the Wiki has no value, but rather
> that it's not a substitute for the more formal documentation.  Were it
> not for copyright issues, one could view the Wiki as an ongoing draft
> process for the documentation.

A comment from a user...

Please, please, please don't move GCC internals documentation to a Wiki.

Even to users the internals documentation is useful.  It's useful when trying
to find out why GCC is doing the things it does with the code given to it, it
indicates where to look to find things in the source.  This would be much
harder if it were a wiki, in particular finding information on the version of
GCC you're using would be much more difficult.

Also, a web-browser is much slower than an info-browser, especially when doing
searchs.