From: Yao qi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:10 PM
To: Meissner, Michael
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: RE: var_args for rs6000 backend

>From: "Meissner, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Yao Qi qi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>CC: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
>Subject: RE: var_args for rs6000 backend
>Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:11:50 -0400
>
>There was also a PowerPC NT ABI at one point, but since Windows NT on
>PowerPC was stillborn, it was removed.
>
>My point was if you are working on the ABI functions, you need to make
>sure that the other ABIs (AIX, Darwin) don't get broken by any changes
>you make (presumably you will make sure that you don't break the ABI
>you are working on).  There are some subtle differences by the way
>between the System V (aka Linux) and eABI as well (stack alignment,
>number of registers for small data area), but most of those don't show
>in the ABI functions you are looking at.

Do you mean the System V ABI and eABI is same on the aspect of variable
parameters passing?

Thanks for your reminding me.
I will take care of it and try to avoid breaking other ABIs.

Best Regards
Yao Qi
Bejing Institute of Technology

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
McAfee(r) Security.