On Sep 20, 2005, at 11:09 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Sep 20, 2005, at 3:01 AM, Dorit Naishlos wrote:

We've had the testcase below in autovect-branch for a while, testing that the 3 loops get vectorized. On mainline the third loop now gets eliminated
by DCE (.t44.dce3). Not sure I understand why... isn't the print loop
enough to keep it alive?

It should be but from the looks of it. For some reason in alias2, we don't say D.503_30 points to anyoffset in &e unlike before. You might be able to generate a
C testcase for this too.

I should mention that we have in alias2:
  D.503_30 = &e.d[D.502_29];

which points to anyoffset in &e.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski