Hi,
I am sorry for not specifying all the details. I am hacking gcc 2.95.2 for
ARM to include my own version of register allocator. Currently, I am
supporting only single registers. i.e. No register pairs - No DImode. For
this I am trying to see there are no pseudo registers with DImode. But I
am seeing that in the RTL generated there are uses of DImode. And that's
because the front end of gcc is translating this code to access 64 bits of
array 'a' using DImode.

For this reason, I am trying to see if there is a way to tell the front
end (by a switch or editing the code) not to do so.

Please let me know.

Warm regards,
Krishna.