Mark Mitchell wrote:
The GCC 4.0.2 RC3 prerelease is spinning now.

If all goes well, it will be available later today.

From an RTEMS perspective, 4.0.2RC2 with no patches appeared to
be at least as good as 4.0.1 w/RTEMS patches.  I spotted no
new issues.  I built a native C, C++, and Ada compiler and used
that to build all the crosses.  newlib 1.13.0 w/RTEMS patches
was the C library.  The targets built were:

arm-rtems4.7: C C++
avr-rtems4.7: C
h8300-rtems4.7: C C++
i386-rtems4.7: C C++
i686-pc-linux-gnu: C C++
m68k-rtems4.7: C C++
mips64-rtems4.7: C C++
mips-rtems4.7: C C++
powerpc-rtems4.7: C C++
sh-rtems4.7: C C++
sparc-rtems4.7: C C++

Ada did build for most of the targets.  As I recall, arm and sh
did not finish building.  The sh had an ICE and the arm has some
Ada specific issue.  I did not investigate either enough to report.

--joel