On Tue, Jun 27, 2023 at 11:36 AM Pierrick Philippe
<pierrick.phili...@irisa.fr> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to get the gimple * associated to the definition of a given
> var_decl.
> Basically, I am iterating over the locals of a function (through the
> local_decls member) and I need to be able to get the gimple * of its
> definition within the function's gimple_seq.
>
> Does any of you have an idea on how this could be achieved ?

You need to walk the body of the function looking for defining
stmts.  Note the VAR_DECL might be in SSA form in which
case you can also walk all SSA names and check those
whose SSA_NAME_VAR is the specific VAR_DECL.  But then
SSA names can "lose" their associated decks so when a
variable is in SSA form the set of original assignments cannot
always be recovered easily.

Richard.