Another related tool is mcdc-checker. This tool analyses code for
conditions that require mcdc analysis based on some research
that proves it isn't needed if the logic is properly structured. It can
suggest alternatives that avoid the need for mcdc analysis.
Research papers are linked there also.

https://gtd-gmbh.gitlab.io/mcdc-checker/mcdc-checker/index.html

For RTEMS, I've tried to encourage us to just avoid the need for
MCDC analysis for years. The tools to do the analysis were proprietary
and expensive.

All that said, I'm looking forward to gcov supporting mcdc. :)

--joel