François-Xavier Coudert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Not that I know of. As Daniel Berlin said, Subversion 1.4 will probably
>> have support for checking out repositories with compressed local copies
>> (or no copy at all -- but I wouldn't suggest this, as you'd start to be
>> slow in "svn diff", "svn stat", etc).
>
> I guess no local copy would be fine with me. diff and stat should not
> be much slower than in CVS, and since very rarely do a full tree
> diff/stat, this is quite acceptable.

Actually, once you get used to *immediate* reply to svn diff and stat, you
don't want to go back to wait for a few seconds. I know because it happens
to me all the time...

> Is that so hard to implement that it's not done already? Or am I the
> only person to find that disk is expensive (or working on his own
> hardware, maybe)?

Probably you're the only one finding disk space expensive. HDs are quite
cheap nowadays. Anyway, I'm sure SVN people would be happy if you help
finishing the summer of code project that was left undone, if you are really
interested in this. Personally I'm way more annoyed by the fact that the
local copy confuses grep, than the disk space it takes.
--
Giovanni Bajo