A few comments, since your message makes it sound like everything is
better, which is not true in reality.

> > - time to do a diff on mainline/branch
>
> "svn diff" is a disconnected operation, requires no server access, so it takes
> milliseconds. "cvs diff" is dominated by network connection, so it can take a
> while. Also "svn diff" can handle new and removed files, as you can easily do

That's not true: most svn diff operations are network driven such as
svn diff -rHEAD, -rrev, -rrev1:rev1, etc... as shown by my experiments and
following answers.

> > - space needed locally for mainline/branch
>
> Each working copy will take twice the space amount.

It's actually more 3x the space, see figures already given (about 340 megs
for cvs, and 950 for svn).

> > - portability of svn to non-Linux systems
>
> This has been answered already. It should not be an issue.

Note that I found it a real pain to have to install so much dependency package
on my linux system, so I suspect building the whole dependency packages under
non linux systems might be slghtly of a pain. And I am not done yet with
the OpenSSH update which seems kind of madatory to do any practical work.

So doing a full installation of the whole svn suite, plus OpenSSH 4.2,
plus svk which many people have already suggested is I suspect a non
trivial task on most non linux systems, even if these packages are
portable.

Arno