i am currently working on a project of building M16C programs. i have an IRA
M16C/I8C C/C++ compiler on hand, but it is for Windows and i just can not live
w/o my Linux box. another reason i have to use GCC is that i must use some unit
test tools which ask for gcc.

i heard that gcc is also a cross-compiler, so i want to get know if it can
be used as an M16C compiler? in GCC's home page, there is one item:

'July 20, 2005
    Red Hat Inc has contributed a port for the Renesas R8C/M16C/M32C families'

what that really means?  and in this page
'http://a15177702.alturo-server.de/gcc-m16c/200504191111.html', it said, GCC
M16C project is totally bugy.

so, what's the fact and what's your suggestion? (BTW: i need compile C++ not C
only)

thanks!

--
steven woody (id: narke)