On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 08:44:02AM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> I am hacking up an optimization pass that re-writes some calls to
> libgcj.  Since this pass is only useful if the source is generating
> calls to functions in libgcj, I only want to enable it if this is likely
> to be the case.
>
> Q: Is there some predicate that can be used in the gate of a tree
> optimizer to disable the pass if not being called via the java front-end?

I can't answer that question, but I wonder if this kind of rewrite
pass wouldn't be useful for other languages.  For example, calls to
libstdc++ could be rewritten.  There might be a general tree-rewriting
pass where the patterns to be matched are language-specific, but the
algorithm to do the pass is language-independent.