Diego Novillo wrote:

> Agreed 100%.  My vote is to use your proposal for -Wuninitialized and have,
> as you said, another flag that does the analysis immediately after going
> into SSA, before any transformations are done.

It certainly doesn't bother me to have -Wuninitialized continue to mean
what it does, and have some other flag that means something else.  Or,
even -Wuninitialized=2, or something.  I think it's fine to have modes
here, and I agree that there are (clearly!) constituencies that want
both the lint-like mode and the valgrind-like mode.

Jeff, I'm sorry you're upset; I actually think we're closer to consensus
than we've ever been before on this issue. :-)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC