On 11/19/05, Steve Kargl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> which is indeed correct.  So, is there an option to tell
> svn to blow away files that conflict with files in the
> repository.

Subversion is reluctant to blow away users' files; this was one of the
qualities of CVS we thought we should try to retain.

However, if I'm understanding it right, here Subversion is hesitating
to replace a file with a file of the same name whose contents are the
same.  Is that correct?  It seems to me like Subversion could
reasonably handle that the same way it does when an update brings in
textual changes to an existing file that already has those changes in
it: it says, "Oh, you have this already" and doesn't worry about it.

Has the file in your local repository been added with 'svn add'?  Or
is it an unknown file from Subversion's point of view?