Hi,

   I'm back to home where I can actually experiment with the new
switch to SVN.
I installed the experimental release (1.3.0-rc2) of SVN, OpenSSH-4.2p1,
SVK (0.29 coming with my GNU/Linux distribution), downloaded the
entire GCC SVK tarball (which took ages to decompress with rzip),
followed the scarce recipe on wiki, but failed to get SVK actually
work.

svk depotmap --list shows:

   Depot                   Path
   //                      /home/gdr/.svk/local
   /gcc/                   /home/gdr/svk

but  the command

   svk checkout //gcc/trunk gcc

from the wiki page refuses to make happen what is supposed to happen:

    % svk checkout //gcc/trunk gcc                            ~/redhat
    path /gcc/trunk does not exist.

What are the intermediate steps necessary to satisfy SVK?

Thanks,

-- Gaby