On Tuesday 22 November 2005 13:17, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> What about compile-time performance?

Well, it's hard to say, I have not really used LLVM extensively.  The only
real data I have is compile times for SPECint:

        SPECint build times (secs)

                                -O2     -O3

GCC 4.1.0 (20051117)            354     398
LLVM 1.6 (-Wl,-native-cbe)      802     805

So there appears to be a factor of 2 slowdown in LLVM.  However, I know
LLVM has a separate GCC invokation.  It seems as if it emitted C code that
is then compiled with GCC (I'm using -Wl,-native-cbe).

I don't think this would be standard procedure in an integrated LLVM.
Chris, how would one compare compile times?  Not using -Wl,-native-cbe
implies emitting bytecode, right?