Frank Cusack wrote:
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
The bug is not reproducible, so it is likely a hardware or OS problem.
- the bug is quite reproducible, why does gcc say otherwise?

This is due to a patch that Red Hat has added to the FSF gcc sources. When a Red Hat gcc release gets an ICE, it tries re-executing the command, to see if it fails again. If it doesn't, then that usually indicates a hardware problem. In this case, it may mean a bug in the Red Hat patch, which is something you would have to report to Red Hat. We don't support Red Hat gcc releases here, only FSF ones.

As for the underlying bug, the ICE, I can reproduce this with FSF gcc-3.4.x sources. It would be OK to report that bug into the FSF gcc bugzilla database.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com