Hi all,

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 00:59, Ben Elliston wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:18:29PM -0800, Joe Buck wrote:
>
> > But the big problem is the non-freeness of SPEC; ideally there would
> > be a benchmark that ...
> >
> > ... everyone can download and run
> > ... is reasonably fast
> > ... is non-trivial
>
> There is Openbench, whose URL I added to the GCC benchmarks web page
> back in July:
>
>   http://www.exactcode.de/oss/openbench/
>
> Good enough?

Thanks for pointing out Openbench. It was particulary my intention to have
something SPEC-alike and I used it to generate some data for gcc major
releases for the German Linux Magazin already.

Currently openbench "has the problem" that it runs the configure of the
bundled sub packages which I myself find a bit unhandy.

I would be willing to rearange the run scripts into a more reliable
structure and add some more bundled packages as required by the GCC
audience. Ideally we could tag that as Openbench 2 ;-)

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org