Hi!

I have plan to make it in near future, if u can help me, ideas or coding,
please se on next thread:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-12/threads.html#01005
Subj: Some patches for ARM-GCC

From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com> To: tm_gccmail at mail dot kloo dot net Cc: Jon Beniston <jbeniston at compxs dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:45:08 +0000 Subject: Re: Supporting multiple instructions sets within a single machine description Organization: ARM Ltd. Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Jon Beniston wrote:

> > I was wondering what support there is within GCC for supporting multiple
> instruction sets within a single machine description. E.g. ARM & Thumb
 or MIPS32/MIPS16.

This is already done. USTL!

Don't you mean UTSL!

> Is it possible for GCC to compile to different
> instructions sets at a finer granularity than a single compilation unit?
> i.e. Can I get GCC to compile one function in Thumb and another using
> the full ARM instruction set.
No. It's set using command-line options.

At present. I'd like to see an attribute that could change compilation of individual functions... but it's not easy, given the current structure of the compiler.

--
Regards, Ivan