On Dec 18, 2005, at 1:40 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
We used to have some workarounds in the libcpp-to-gcc interface to work
around the fact that we built libcpp once, with the system compiler,
and then linked it to each stage of the bootstrap.  Darwin had a system
compiler that disagreed with the FSF GCC on the size of _Bool, I
believe.  Now we build the stage1 libcpp with the system compiler,
build the stage1 gcc with the system compiler, link them together,
and go on to build the stage2 libcpp with the stage1 gcc.

No it was not Darwin (this is one of the places where the FSF GCC is correct with respect of Darwin), but instead using 2.95.3 to bootstrap. When you started
with 2.95.3, bool (as stdbool.h was included with 2.95.3) was an int.

-- Pinski