On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 07:49:13PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Heh, the shell does set PWD, but does not export it.  If I explicitly
> say "export PWD", before "make bootstrap" it seems to work.

Weird.

> > I've been considering disabling ln -s support.  It's too fragile,
> > though this is the first report of it actually failing I've seen by
> > email; someone mentioned similar problems on IRC.
>
> Don't know how many broken shells are out there.  Actually, I don't
> think the OpenBSD sh(1) is broken, at least not according to POSIX.
> Is explicitly exporting PWD at an appropriate point an option?

It's listed as an environment variable; I would have expected that to
mean it was exported, but I'm not willing to call it broken.  We could
probably arrange an appropriate export, but I think it would be smarter
to avoid the dependence; POSIX is pretty clear on the allowed
canonicalizations of $PWD, but the definition is twisty enough that I'm
sure some shells get it wrong.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC