On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 07:03:27PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > I noticed today that there were three projects which were merged into
> > the mainline within a 24 hour period yesterday.
> >
> > Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:42:49 -0000  IAB  - Daniel Berlin
> > Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:24:04 -0000  Vect - Dorit
> > Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:55:54 -0000  GOMP - Diego Novillo
> >
> > So I am requesting that we go through a 48 hour period starting Monday
> > (as the weekends are usually quiet for patch committing) for a stage 3
> > type regression only/bug fixes.
>
> I'm inclined to agree.  Any objections?

Monday in Hawaii is basically Tuesday in New-Zealand
(23 hours difference right now), so you should make
clear in which timezone you define the 48 hour period.

Apart from this I have nothing to say about the convenience
of such a freeze, I'm mostly a lurker who regularly bootstraps
GCC (once a week or so) but have not had any problem in a long
time compiling my own rather simple code.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank all the
people who make this great compiler available.

        Regards,
        Gabriel