Hi,

I've put in place a script that monitor svn log on trunk and launches
a bootstrap + check on each commit (distributed on the 7 CFARM ubuntu
machines). On average since Nov2005 there have been 20 commits per day
on trunk so, a cycle taking about 8 hours I expect to use about 50%
of CFARM ressources for this task. I'm currently limiting to one build
per machine to leave a processor for other users of CFARM.

I still validate manually the output before sending to gcc-testresults
but that will change soon (when I'm confident that it survives a few
problems), see current results with subject "[r1100xx]":
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2006-01/

I'm currently using the following configure flags:
--disable-nls --disable-multilib --enable-languages=c,ada

So build & check takes between 4h30 and 6h00 depending on the
processor frequency. Adding other languages will push that figure to
6 to 8 hours (last time I checked). CFARM is a bit behind on commits
since I launched my script starting with r110006, it has currently
done up to r110047 and has 25 revisions to go (as of r110115).

Is sending each rev testresults to gcc-testresults ok?

I have a serie of build which failed (gcov build ICE), r110009 to
r110025, what to do with those, email to testresults with end of build
log?

Next tasks will be:

- Activate more languages. What languages, what configure flags are
useful?

- Activate build & check on branches.

- Filter out rev we known aren't changing anything (eg: gccadmin daily
bump).

- Automating cross build & check: Mike Stein has simulators running on C
for a combined tree, with RTEMS folks we nearly have Ada ACATS running
on a few simulators.

- Priority management for all the above workload.

- Document what I've done so far: 170 lines python + 70 lines bourne
shell, nothing big :)

- What to keep from builds? install direcotry for quick hunting, for all
rev or only some? Right now nothing is deleted (even build dir) but it
won't last more than a few days.

- And of course: offer rev+user patch testing.

Comments, suggestion and help welcomed.

Laurent

PS: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm
has instructions if you want an account.