On 02 February 2006 17:29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I'm trying to determine if we can export the GNU GCC product.  Can you
>> please let me know if it contains any encryption?
>>
> You mean besides the documentation itself which is cryptic at times? No.
> IIRC, there some one way hashes used, but no encryption. Your question is
> amusing considering everyone in the entire world has access to the source
> code. You do realize that, right?
>
> -Steve

  Well, that doesn't actually stop governments from bringing prosecutions (cf
'Spycatcher') even though they may be pointless in
terms of suppressing the information.

  Collette, whatever advice you get from this list does not come from lawyers
and comes with no guarantees as to its correctness or
validity.  If you want to know if your plans would be in compliance with the
law, you should ask a lawyer, not a bunch of geeks!
You work for a huge corporation, they must have a legal department who would be
the right people to take this up with.

  And what does 'ECCN request' mean?

    cheers,
      DaveK