Jeffrey A Law wrote:

> My feeling?  Absolutely, TYPE_MIN_VALUE and TYPE_MAX_VALUE should
> represent the set of values that an object of the type may hold.
> Any other definition effectively renders those values useless.

I agree -- with the obvious caveat that it need not be the case that the
object actually have that value if the program has invoked undefined
behavior.  So, if you have an 5-bit type, stored in a byte, and you
manage to get 255 in that byte, and you read the value, you might see
255 at runtime -- but only because your program was busted anyhow.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery