Hi,

#5911 I suppose.

> Instead, it has another (similar but different) mechanism via the --RTS
> make/compile/bind switch, which require manual build/install of several
> gnatlib via calls to make -C gcc gnatlib with appropriate options.
>
> For instance to build a 64 bit run time with a 32 bits Solaris compiler:
>
> make -C gcc THREAD_KIND=m64 GNATLIBCFLAGS="-O2 -m64" gnatlib

I've taken adalib and adainclude from a 31bit installation copied in the
same dir as the 64bit versions under 32/. Compiling my example with --RTS=32
does the trick. Although this is not a final solution it is a good workaround
- thanks.

With a bit additional script hackery I hope to be able to bootstrap a 31bit
gcc including ada support on a 64bit system.

> Connecting this capability with the multilib mechanism would be nice although
> nobody has done it so far (for either lack of interest or lack of knowledge
> of the gcc makefiles), and there are non trivial issues since there are some
> run-times that are supported by the Ada compiler (e.g. pthread run-time
> on Solaris, the gnatlib-sjlj and gnatlib-zcx targets) that have no
> corresponding multilib configuration, and vice-versa.
>
> Combining all the possibilities would simply create an explosion of run-time,
> which is also not desirable.

I believe you that this is not an easy job. Maybe it is eased a bit by the
recent
toplevel bootstrap changes?!

Bye,

-Andreas-