On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> Are statistics for GCC download available somewhere? I suspect
> in these days of broadband that just about everyone gets the full
> tarball (especially for releases...).

The FreeSD ports, for example, by default do not build gfortran nor
Java at this point and have never built Ada.

And I doubt that many are building Ada, regardless of the platform
they are using.

gfortran weights in less than one megabyte, thus isn't of too much
concern.  Java with close to 10MB and Adad with some 4.5MB are kind
of heavy, though.  Keep in mind that depending on the part of the world
many may still be using modem lines.

Gerald