It would take a massive target-specific backend hack to make that happen, as GCC currently only supports flat address spaces. ;-)

Rémy Saissy wrote:

Hi everybody,
I'm looking for gcc support of x86-32 segment registers but the only information
I've found about it is in this old thread:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1999-12/msg00526.html
I was wondering what happened since this thread, does somebody have integrated
the segment register support for i386 in gcc ?
There is nothing about it in the manual pages and gcc 4.0.3 doesn't
seem to support it.
Thank for your precisions.
Have a great day.

--
Rémy Saissy            JabberID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                               Web:     http://remysaissy.free.fr