I want to write a pass to walk the gimple tree and add some intrumentation code. I read the chapter 9 of "GCC Internals" document, and it seems not to describe the Macros to do so.

Can I get some information about this? Specifically, if someone can show me which .h file I should look at to find the Macros, that would be great. Or, Is there any other pass do the similar thing(traverse the gimple tree) that I can read (--I did not find)?

//in gcc.4.0.2, tree-optimize.c
   323 void
   324 init_tree_optimization_passes (void)
   325 {
   326   struct tree_opt_pass **p;
   327
   328 #define NEXT_PASS(PASS)  (p = next_pass_1 (p, &PASS))
   329
   330   p = &all_passes;
   331   NEXT_PASS (pass_gimple);
   332
   333   NEXT_PASS (MYPASS_code_instrument); //this is what I want to do
334 //the reason I want to add the pass here is: both C/C++(any other front end, later) can use this;
   335   NEXT_PASS (pass_remove_useless_stmts);
   336   NEXT_PASS (pass_mudflap_1);
   337   NEXT_PASS (pass_lower_cf);
   338   NEXT_PASS (pass_lower_eh);
   339   NEXT_PASS (pass_build_cfg);