On 4/18/06, Ivan Novick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am a gcc user at a fininancial institution and IMHO it would not be a
> good idea to have non-production ready functionality in gcc.  We are
> trying to use gcc for mission critical functionality.

It has been always the case that additional options not enabled with
any regular -O level gets less testing and more likely has bugs.  So for
mission critical functionality I would strongly suggest to stay with -O2
and not try to rely on not thoroughly tested combinations of optimization
options.

So from my point of view, the situation with -ftree-loop-linear is
fine - it's ICEing after all, not producing silently wrong-code.  For
experimental options (where
I would include all options not enabled by -O[123s]) known wrong-code bugs
should be fixed.

That's my 2c,
Richard.