Ross Ridge wrote:
That makes no difference.  MinGW GCC is a native Win32 application and
can't see any mounts you create with MSYS.

Dave Murphy wrote:
sorry but you're most definitely wrong about that

No, I'm not.  The example you gave shows how MSYS mounts have an effect on
the MSYS shell, which is not a native Win32 application.  The "toolchain
relocation" code in MinGW GCC is unaffected by MSYS mounts you might
create, and so providing "a mount point identical to the configured
prefix" won't have any effect.

oops, that'll teach me to think a bit more before posting :)

I'm totally at a loss to explain the problems Ranjit was experiencing in this mail then.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-04/msg00247.html

the part where he says " when run from within the MSYS environment, everything was hunky-dory but when run from the Windows command prompt, it used to give a "_spawnvp: No such file or directory" error when one tried to compile something."

I can't say I've encountered that one locally but one of my users had this issue with win98.

Dave