Hi,

A long time ago, Per added USE_MAPPED_LOCATION, but a full switch-over was
held up by (fixable) PCH issues and by Ada maintainers who expect problems
for GNAT if USE_MAPPED_LOCATION becomes the default.

The latest discussions I could find about this concluded that it should
work for Ada too (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-10/msg00251.html).  But
when Per posted a patch to make it work, it was rejected anyway by GNAT
maintainers because "we do not want to create a strong dependency between
the Ada front-end and one particular GCC back-end notion of linemap/source
location" (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-03/msg00924.html).

Then, nothing happened...

So now we have a half-completed conversion to USE_MAPPED_LOCATION which is
currently broken (doesn't bootstrap for me with --enable-mapped-locations).

Question: should USE_MAPPED_LOCATION be taken out again now?  Or is anyone
going to work on it to complete this project?

Gr.
Steven