Hi Bob,

On 5/21/06, Bob Proulx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bruce Korb wrote:
> Philip Martin wrote:
> >The capital 'I' in 'Is' looks wrong.
> That's what I wanted:  a nice, simple answer that was short of re-pulling
> the entire repository. [...]

Sometimes I run commands to walk down the filesystem and do things to
the files in them.  With CVS this was never a problem, never a false
hit, because CVS did not keep a pristine copy of the database around.

Except sometimes in the CVS/Base directory.  :)

I do that also, but I am also careful to prune repository
directories (CVS, .svn or SCCS even).  I rather doubt it is my RAM,
BTW.  Perhaps a disk sector, but I'll never know now.  (Were it RAM,
the failure would be random and not just the one file.)  The original
data were rm-ed and replaced with a new pull of the Ada code.

I have no idea if this is possibly the type of thing that happened to
you or not.

In any event, since my GCC work is constrained to fixincludes, I have
no need of recursive mass edits, so I haven't used the technique with
that code.  Especially one that would miscapitalize a sentence.  :)

Thanks - Bruce