Tom Tromey wrote:
"Devang" == Devang Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Devang> Since messages are represented using a number, how about using
Devang> one category bit to identify command message vs display message ?
Devang> Command message is a message where tools, reading opt diary,
Devang> take perform some actions.

I still don't see how gcc maintainers would know to make this
distinction.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the distinction between
command and display.

for (i=0; i<4; i++)
{
 C[i] = A[i] + C[i+3];
}

Auto vectorizer emits three messages.
1) This loop is not vectorized because of data dependency.
2) Highlight C[i]
3) Highlight C[i+3]

Here vectorizer knows that 2) and 3) are commands and 1) is display message.

-
Devang