Hi,

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 19:57, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Jul 4, 2006, at 7:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > The codec is at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openavs/.
> > Currently, it requires a 3Ghz or better CPU to get a resonable
> > framerate.   I would like the codec to be useful even on 586
> > (  1Ghz or
> > so ). Any ideas?
>
> Recode slower parts in assembler or punt to video card.

Aside the general com.lang.c boilderplate (...) usually it is
already a gain to rewrite inefficent algorithms with something
more clever and to use gcc SIMD vector extensions.

Then of course assembly is the (often) last step ,-)

Yours,

--
René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45