Todd Vierling wrote:
(I'm not on the list, so please Cc: me on replies, at least for now.  This
is just a preliminary question.  ;)

So, gcj still uses boehm-gc 6.3-hacked-to-bits.  Is there any chance of
bringing it up to date (at least version 6.7)?  Doing so *should* make gcj
threads [mostly, if not fully] work on NetBSD.  gcj-4.1 on NetBSD is near
useless, and 4.2 simply segfaults at startup.

I've attempted to look at three-way diffs of gc-6.7 <-> gc-6.3 <-> gcj-4.2,
but my head hurts.  Perhaps a vendor import is really the way to go here,
rather than trying to forklift yet more hacks into place...?

A good question.  Perhaps the libgcj maintainers would care to comment.

David Daney.