What about Ada ? Will things still work after your change ?
It would seem cleaner (if not mandatory) to take all languages into account
in your change.
Only now I realize that I answered in private :-(

The install-common target works as before, so the ada front end is not
affected. The proposed patch factor codes that install programs that
have both a short name (g++) and a name with an architecture prefix
(i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++). I couldn't find any such program in the ada
front end, so it is not affected by this patch.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Rafael