>>>>> Kithsiri Lekamge writes:

Kithsiri> I am in great difficult compiling GCC source code in AIX box.

Kithsiri> I installed the binary of GCC 3.3.2 and using this compiler I started
Kithsiri> to compile the GCC 3.4.6 source codes.

Kithsiri> After 5 hrs of compiling  I received the following error.

Kithsiri> 46286 Segmentation fault:
Kithsiri> Configure-target-libstdc++-v3

        First, you probably should build and install a more recent version
of GCC than 3.4.6.

        Second, please make sure that you are following the AIX
machine-specific directions for building GCC, such as using GNU Make and
using Bash as the SHELL and CONFIG_SHELL (unless you are on a very old,
slow machine, it should not take 5 hours unless you used the wrong shell.)

        Third, the detailed output from the libstdc++-v3 configuration
process is in a file named config.log in the libstdc++-v3 build
directory.

David