I'm getting a little bit depressed about progress towards GCC 4.2.

On July 16, we had 160 serious regressions and 33 P1s.  Today, 15 days
later, we have 162 serious regressions and 29 P1s -- just about the same.

Many of those P1s are middle-end problems that have been reported from
compiling real code.  I'm not particularly concerned about
ICE-on-invalid regressions in the C++ front end, but I am worried about
wrong code generation and ICEs on valid code (C and C++).  Many of the
P1s are 4.2-only regressions.

Obviously, we'd all like to start thinking about GCC 4.3, but we need to
make some headway on 4.2 first.  So, I think we're still in a holding
pattern: let's get the P1s fixed.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell