On 7/31/06, Devang Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 >>I think this patch by Zdenek - vectorizing function calls - is related:
 >> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-03/msg01655.html
 >> (would need to be extended to cover this case).

Yes, extending Zdenek's patch to recognize built-in is a good idea.
However, in case of compiler inserted built-in (e.g. this case) it is
a good idea to delay inserting built-in function calls after vectorizer
has a chance to optimize loop, specially when vectorized version
of built-in function is not available.

As this is canonicalization fold does, there is no chance for doing so.
Now, this is again a reason to look at item #<high number> of my todo
list that says 'add POW tree-code', which would make this and other
things easier.

Richard.