David,
    My understanding was that only libgcc_s.10.4.dylib and libgcc_s.10.5.dylib
required the entries in their .ver files for exporting symbols. The -m64
flag on Darwin causes libgcc_s_ppc64.1.dylib to be used for the linked
libgcc. There is a very sparse libgcc-ppc64.ver file in the directory
gcc/config/rs6000, but I am unclear if this is used in the creation of
libgcc_s_ppc64.1.dylib. I'll try a build tomorrow with the TImode symbols
added to libgcc-ppc64.ver and see if it helps. The weird part is that
the symbol sometimes is found during the link process (as if the
linkage process was unstable).
         Jack
ps Have your tried the testcases at all optimizations. On Darwin, I
can usually fine one of these will fail...

gcc-4 -m64 modulo.c
gcc-4 -O1 -m64 modulo.c
gcc-4 -O2 -m64 modulo.c
gcc-4 -O3 -m64 modulo.c