On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 02:52:43PM -0700, Michel Lespinasse wrote:
> I'm not familiar with the kind of testing you guys usualy do on simulators -
> however since this is the second time it's mentionned I should say that
> mipsel binaries run just fine in the gxemul simulator.
>
> I've recently done a whole debian etch installation that way -
> see http://zoy.org/~walken/gxemul-etch/HOWTO.html for the instructions.

FYI, we've done both ARM and MIPS testing using qemu, both in user
emulation mode - where it's a fairly drop-in replacement for the
gdb simulators - and in system mode.  However, it doesn't really
make up for testing on hardware.  Not unless someone donates a
lot of time to run good hardware certification tests on it, anyway :-)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery