On Oct 11, 2006, Ian Lance Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> int x; int f() { x = 0;
>>   while(1); }

>> We get line number notes for code only up to "x = 0;".

> I assume this is only a problem when not optimizing.

The opposite, actually.  It's optimization that breaks it.

Of course optimization can change stuff and debug info sometimes is
lost, but in this case we *do* have code for that loop, so we might as
well try to preserve the line number info somehow.  We shouldn't drop
it just because we turn annotated-with-line-numbers jumps into
fallthru edges that later have to be re-emitted without line numbers.

> Without looking at the code, the problem looks quite similar to one I
> fixed here:

It is similar, indeed, but this removal takes place in RTL.

Thanks for the pointer,

Secretary for FSF Latin America        http://www.fsfla.org/
Red Hat Compiler Engineer   [EMAIL PROTECTED], gcc.gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist  [EMAIL PROTECTED], gnu.org}