On 10/17/06, Revital1 Eres <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello, Is there an option to change the name of the .gcno file that is generated by using profiling flags like -fprofile-generate and later used by -fprofile-use? I read that "For each source file compiled with `-fprofile-arcs', an accompanying `.gcda' file will be placed in the object file directory. " - Can I change it such that the .gcda will be named as I wish? Thanks
As far as I know, there's no easy way to do that. However, by setting the environment variable GCOV_PREFIX during the execution of the instrumented program, you can redirect where the gcda files are stored. Alas, I don't know any way to use such out-of-place stored gcda for -fprofile-use. I have changes that add an option to enable exactly that but lacking the copyright assignment, I can't send it as a patch - which also includes some other profile related enhancements mentioned in: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/ProfileFeedbackEnhancements -- #pragma ident "Seongbae Park, compiler, http://seongbae.blogspot.com"
