Rohit Arul Raj wrote:
I am working with a GCC Cross compiler version 4.1.1.

This small bit of code worked fine with all optimization except Os.

unsigned int n = 30;
void x ()
{
 unsigned int h;
 h = n <= 30;           // Line 1
 if (h)
   p = 1;
 else
   p = 0;
}
[...]
3. What are the probable causes for the elimination of RTL code's
(Compare & gtu) between the above mentioned passes?

At first glance (and, admittedly, not knowing much about the particulars of GCC's optimizer), that certainly looks like something that I would expect to be eliminated due to constant folding. Have you checked to see whether or not it is eliminated with other optimization levels?

- Brooks