Mark Shinwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I would now like to propose that the check in that function be made
> even stronger such that it disallows conversions between vectors
> whose element types differ -- even if an implicit conversion exists
> between those element types.

As far as I can see, what that amounts to is saying that there should
not be an implicit conversion between vector of int and vector of
unsigned int.  It seems to me that a cast would then be required to
call, e.g., vec_add with arguments of type __vector unsigned int.  I
don't see how that is useful.

But perhaps I am mistaken; can you give an example of the type of
thing which is currently permitted which you think should be
prohibited?

Ian