> >  Shouldn't the
> > libstdc++ configure script use the new GCC when checking things with
> > AC_TRY_COMPILE.
>
> Yes.
>
> -benjamin

It looks like this has something to do with using autoconf 2.59 at the
top-level of GCC.  I am experimenting with updating the top-level GCC to
2.59 now that all of the GCC and src sub-trees have been updated to
2.59.  When I tried this on Linux I had no problems but on HP-UX (with
multilibs) it is not working correctly and the failure I get is that
AC_TRY_COMPILE is not using the right GCC when run.

When I undid my top-level change (went back to autoconf 2.14) the
libstdc++ configure worked correctly and the right GCC was used by
AC_TRY_COMPILE.  Most perplexing.

Steve Ellcey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]